You will need to post a substantive response to any one (or more) of the open-answer questions provided below.
Questions For This Discussion Forum:
(1) What, if anything, would be wrong in simply saying that anything counts as art so long as this is what was intended by the creator of the artefact in question?
(2) What is the institutional account of art? Describe the dilemma that Wollheim’s poses for this view. Is it effective?
(3) What is the five-part account of aesthetic experience? What, if anything, is problematic about it?
(4) What is the relationship between aesthetic judgement and aesthetic experience?
(5) Can two identical objects differ in their aesthetic properties?
(6) Can one properly form one’s aesthetic judgements via testimony from aesthetic experts?