Course: BUS400 Driving Business Opportunities
My initial project outline on video gaming for Netflix did not fulfill or meet the requirements of the initial assignment. I needed to come up with a unique idea to propose a new product/service, not about the company’s plans of their video gaming initiative.
Since Netflix does not have a live TV option, I would like to propose this idea as a new product/service for Netflix.
OVERVIEW: Leaders need input, especially from stakeholders, to move ideas along. Having a unique, insightful product or service is just one step. Project outlines that include careful consideration of a company’s mission, opportunities, and risks can help ideas gain momentum and snowball in significance.
SCENARIO: You will identify the critical elements needed to support the rationale of your project, outlining specifics is key! These specifics will be used in an upcoming elevator pitch you will submit to senior management in Milestone One. Before management will approve exploring the idea for new opportunities and funding, they have key performance indicators (KPIs) you will need to address. Your goal for this assignment is to provide an outline that strongly, yet carefully, presents an argument to move your concept forward.
PROMPT: Using MarketLine, Yahoo Finance, and the company’s investor relations webpage, continue your investigation of the company you selected in your Module One blog post. Specifically, look at the company’s profile, financials, and SWOT analysis.
USING SPECULATIVE STRATEGIES, articulate your thoughts. Remember, success may mean revenue to a for-profit business; however, to a non-profit, it may mean a specific outcome, such as donor retention rate, social media engagement, or email open rate.
publish A PROJECT OUTLINE that presents a prospective timeline and targeted customer segment of your project. The KPIs you need to consider and address in your outline are the following CRITICAL elements:
1. ABOUT [PRODUCT OR SERVICE NAME]: Live stream TV for Netflix. [Describe a brief overview of new business, idea, product, or service for selected company.]
2. GOALS: [Outline the goals and objective of your project.]
3. TARGET CUSTOMER: [This section should center on the intended customer segment for your proposed product or service. Describe the intended customer or customer profile or market segment including their need for this product or service.]
4. MARKET OPPORTUNITY: [Explain the current and potential market opportunities in the market for your product or service based on your research.]
5. FINANCIAL OPPORTUNITY: [Describe the financial outcomes, such as an increase in cash flow and top-line revenue, that the project presents for the company. Explain whether the project will be cash flow positive and profitable or whether it will be profitable in a different way.]
6. TIMELINE: [Provide a brief timeline of how you think your product or service should be developed and launched.]
7. REFERENCES: [Include any references cited in your paper in full APA format. Don’t forget to include in-text citations as well.]
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION: Use the attached Module Two Assignment Template Word Document for the project outline. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
Please refer to attached guidelines and rubric, which outlines specific and detailed instructions to address the critical elements for this assignment.
1. BUS400 Module Two Assignment Guidelines
2. BUS 400 Module Two Assignment Template Word Document