Short Answer/Essay Questions (remember that you may be asked to provide 1-2 personal examples for each and to write responses in paragraph format) A paragraph should consist of 6 sentences. The only source that can be used is the textbook “Essentials of Sociology: A Down-To-Earth Approach”:
1. Explain the findings of sociologist Kathleen Blee in regard to racism and learning from association.
2. Explain the concept of indirect transfer and provide an example.
3. Explain gender stratification and provide an example.
4. Explain the pay gap between men and women and provide logic that can explain this gap.
5. Name and explain one form of violence committed against women and provide statistics to support this form.
6. What is the graying of America? Provide evidence to explain this change.
7. Explain the different forms of leadership including dictatorship, oligarchy and totalitarianism and provide an example for each form of government.
8. Explain the concept of a special interest group and lobbyists. What role do these groups play with the government and economy?
9. Explain the globalization of the economy and provide an example of this concept.
10.Describe 4 of the 5 forms of violence against women providing examples for each form and explain a solution that would curb these forms of violence. In your opinion do you feel we will continue to see a rise in these forms of violence? Answers must be written in paragraph format (6 sentences a topic sentence 3-4 supporting sentences and a closing sentence) and supported with terms from the textbook.
11.Describe the world economic systems of capitalism and socialism. Provide benefits and costs to each economic system and in your opinion explain which system you feel is more beneficial to society (remember this is in theory). Answers must be written in paragraph format (6 sentences a topic sentence 3-4 supporting sentences and a closing sentence) and supported with terms from the textbook.